Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Healthy Pumpkin Apple Creamy Soup

I love this soup. So creamy and yummy. And the best part is this is a healthier with no cream used, a great alternative to those typical creamy soup which using heavy cream
A choice for those weight watcher food lovers :)




I'm playing around with whatever ingredients I had in the fridge and very satisfied with the result. Definitely will use this recipe again in the future :)

What you need:

1/2 onion, diced
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
750ml chicken stock
200g sweet potatoes (orange flesh), peeled and cut into chunks
200g Japanese pumpkin, cut into chunks with skin on
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
1 tbsp brown sugar
salt, pepper, coconut oil

Method:
  1. Rub sweet potatoes and pumpkin chunks with salt, pepper and coconut oil. Spread in one layer on a baking sheet and roast for about 20mins til soft
  2. Meantime, heat coconut oil in a heavy based pot and sautee onion til soft and fragrant
  3. Add in chicken stock, apple, carrot and bring to boil, cook til soft
  4. Add in roasted pumpkin (discard the skin) and sweet potatoes, cook for further 5mins
  5. Blend using hand blender til smooth
  6. Add in salt, brown sugar and pepper til you get the taste preferred. Simmer for about 5 mins over low heat
  7. Adjust the consistency of the soup. Add more water if too thick, or simmer a little longer if it's too watery
  8. Serve with crispy bacon or ham and sprinkle with fresh or dried parsley

I managed to get some pictures using my mobile phone camera while I was doing the cooking. Pardon the quality, though :)

 







I used Bosch MaxoMixx Hand Blender model MSM87180 to blend this soup, it's a heaven sent that made my job so much easier! It's so easy to use, and so fast!
I wrote review about this great, multi function product HERE


Such a hearty soup! Dipping a baguette in it tastes wonderful, too :)
 


This post is for Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Kit from I-Lost in Austen at this post


3 comments:

  1. I love apple & pumpkin combo . I bet this soup is delicious . Love the color , looks so autumny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    This is such a comfort soup for my supper :D
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful soup to LTU.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,

    I guess that the Sep and Oct LTU must have inspired you quite a bit to create this beautiful and healthy soup! Nice :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...