Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

My incurable disease showing up every beginning of the month - total laziness to blog. And it's always until at least a week or so before I am back on track

This time is dragging even longer after my short trip back to my hometown end of last month for my 'lil sis' wedding, had a joyous time back there :)
And of course, the additional one season (yes, Singapore is a 3 season country now) - hazy season, has been pulling back my butt sitting conveniently doing nothing
It's just too hot and humid to do things in my kitchen. I even must drag myself to cook for my family I make sure I cook in the morning, cos once it hits 10am, I will start sweating a bucket and it really pisses me off. I guess it's time to install aircon in my kitchen LOL

Well, okay, I'd better stop my rambling :)

Following the pumpkin fiesta by so many bloggers, I made this simple, creamy yet refreshing pumpkin pie pudding :)





Recipe is from Cooking Light

What you need:
(below is 1/2 recipe with slight modification)

3 tbsp brown sugar 
1 tbsp cornstarch
210ml low fat milk
1 medium egg
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
a pinch of salt
a pinch of ground nutmeg

Method:

  1. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Combine milk and egg, stir well with whisk
  2. Gradually add in milk mixture into sugar mixture, stir constantly, bring to boil. Cook for 1 min, stir constantly. Remove from heat
  3. Combine pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a bowl, stir well
  4. Slowly add in pumpkin mixture into the milk mixture, whisk constantly
  5. Place pan over low heat, cook for 3 mins til thoroughly heated, stir constantly, but do not boil
  6. Divide pudding into 2 ramekins, cover with cling wrap and chill
  7. Serve by sprinkling mixture of ground cinnamon and demerara sugar


Note:
Original recipe serves this dessert with caramelized walnut and whipped cream instead 



This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)

1 comment:

  1. this pudding came in the right time as the weather here is pretty hot now.

    Thanks for linking up with LTU.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...