It's easy and since I love coffee and cheese, I definitely think this is one yummy dessert :)
One hiccup, I forgot that the mould is the regular mooncake size, not those mini sizeI usually use. I prepared the filling using mini muffin moulds!
So, I ended up stacked 2 pieces of filling together, hence the hexagon shape hahahah...
Luckily it's just for my own consumption LOL
Recipe is from Doris from Sumptuous Flavours
What you need:
3 1/2 tbsp water2/3 cup fresh milk
1 tsp agar-agar-powder
50g cream cheese, beat with mixer to soften
- Bring water, milk, sugar and agar powder to the boil in a pot
- Add softened cream cheese and whisk continuously to prevent lumps from forming
- Turn off heat and pour into muffin pans
- Leave to cool until set, then chill in the fridge
What you need:
1 3/4 cups water
2 1/2 tsp agar-agar powder
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee ( mixed with 3 1/2 tbsp hot water)
- Bring water, sugar and agar powder in a pot to boil
- Turn off heat and add instant coffee mixture
- Stir continuously
- Rinse the mould with water, let the drops of water stay there (this helps in easier unmoulding)
- Pour jelly skin, about 3/4 cm. When it almost sets, place filling on it and immediately pour the remaining jelly skin til the mould is full
- Leave to set and chill in the refrigerator. Once chilled, unmould and serve
I love the sensation of coffee and cheese mixed together in my mouth, so yummy!
It's not overly sweet, too. One thing you won't be able to get with any other mooncake LOL
I am thinking to mix in some Kahlua in the coffee jelly, yum yum yum... Next time!
And of course I will remember to use regular size muffin tray for the filling hahaha...
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone August 2014 Event Theme: Mooncakes hosted by Fion XuanHom's Mom