Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

AFF Thailand - Rice with Shrimp Paste (Khao Klub Gapi)

Another dish I always order whenever I go to any Thai restaurant. Love it!
Tried to cook it on my own at home. It's basically easy to make, it's just so many ingredients to prepare :)

So many garnishes used :)
 
 
 
Did you see I missed out something here? Yes, I forgot to add in the sliced omelette :(
 
 
 
 No sliced omelette. Only remembered when I was about to eat this! :(
 


Recipe is from HERE

For the garnish:
1 green mango, shredded
3 eggs, made into thin omelette - thinly sliced
4 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of dried shrimp, fried til crispy - and blend a little til coarse (I pulsed 3 times in a chopper)
lime wedges
10 long beans, thinly sliced (I used only 5)
2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced (I used 1 Japanese cucumber)
4 bird chillis, sliced (I used 2)
sweet pork (muu wan) *recipe below

For the rice:
4 cups of cold rice
3 cloves of garlic, minced
a small piece of shrimp paste - wrapped in foil, toasted and crushed (I used cooked shrimp paste so I skipped the toasting part)


 
 
*Recipe for sweet pork
  1. Fry chopped of 4 cloves of garlic with oil til fragrant
  2. Add in 500g thinly sliced pork belly or pork neck (I used pork loin), cook til changed color
  3. Add in 2 tbsp sweet soya sauce (kecap manis), 3 tbsp fish sauce (I used 3 1/2 tbsp) and 5 tbsp palm sugar also about 100ml water (my addition)
  4. Bring to boil and further simmer til sauce thickens and glossy and pork slices are tender
Method:
  1. Everything for the garnish is cut and sliced
  2. For the rice, fry garlic and shrimp paste with some oil
  3. Add rice and stir fry til every grain of the rice is coated with the garlic and shrimp paste mixture
  4. Arrange garnishes prettily around the moulded rice
  5. Mix everything and eat!




This post is for  Asian Food Fest November 2013: Thailand hosted by Lena from Frozen Wings

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, this is indeed very easy to prepare yet healthy and yummylicious! Have a wonderful day ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum.. this is yummy indeed! i'd love to have a go at this

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am not aware of this dish ..sounds good..i love all the accompaniments. Dont forget to link this post to aff-thai :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...