Thank God I'm fine now, only slight cough left
Now, here's one cooking I managed to make for family during festive season
Pictures were taken by my Balckberry phone since my camera was not in town at that time :)
Crispy fried fish...
This might look just like any other flour coated fish fillet, I cooked a simple one last year, but this one is different, it's better, even though the recipe is not as simple as I thought
But it does give me the texture I like, crisp on the outside and soft juicy inside, yum!
Stir fry leeks...
I cooked this dish last year, pls click here for the recipe
Here's the recipe for the fish...
What you need:
500g fish fillet (I used sutchi fillet)
4 tbsp flour
6 tbsp potato starch
6 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
some ice water
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp egg white
1 tsp salt
2 tsp potato starch
4 tsp wine
2 stalks spring onion (crushed)
1 tsp ginger juice
- Rinse fish. Cut into thumb sized thick pieces and pat dry (make sure it's really dry)
- Combine well C, then add fish pieces and set aside for around 30minutes
- Beat egg, and continue mixing with each of the other ingredients B, adding oil last, into a batter
- Coat fish with a little flour and then combine well with the batter
- Heat enough oil for deep frying, turn fire into low and place the battered fish into the oil one at a time, stirring to prevent them from sticking together. Deep fry over medium heat
- When the fish float, turn the heat up to fry further for another 30seconds til crispy. Remove and drain well
I'm submitting these dishes to Aspiring Bakers #15: Auspicious Dishes for CNY (January 2012) hosted by Wen of Wen's Delight