Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Crispy Fried Fish & Stir Fry Leeks

It has been quite sometime since the last time I posted in my blog.. busy with holiday and down with flu, in fact the whole house was, started with the kids, me and then DH.
Thank God I'm fine now, only slight cough left

Now, here's one cooking I managed to make for family during festive season
Pictures were taken by my Balckberry phone since my camera was not in town at that time :)

Crispy fried fish...
This might look just like any other flour coated fish fillet, I cooked a simple one last year,  but this one is different, it's better, even though the recipe is not as simple as I thought
But it does give me the texture I like, crisp on the outside and soft juicy inside, yum!



Stir fry leeks...
I cooked this dish last year, pls click here for the recipe


Here's the recipe for the fish...

What you need:

A
500g fish fillet (I used sutchi fillet)
4 tbsp flour

B (batter)
2 eggs
6 tbsp potato starch
6 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
some ice water
2 tbsp oil

C (marinade)
2 tbsp egg white
1 tsp salt
2 tsp potato starch
4 tsp wine
2 stalks spring onion (crushed)
1 tsp ginger juice

  1. Rinse fish. Cut into thumb sized thick pieces and pat dry (make sure it's really dry)
  2. Combine well C, then add fish pieces and set aside for around 30minutes
  3. Beat egg, and continue mixing with each of the other ingredients B, adding oil last, into a batter
  4. Coat fish with a little flour and then combine well with the batter
  5. Heat enough oil for deep frying, turn fire into low and place the battered fish into the oil one at a time, stirring to prevent them from sticking together. Deep fry over medium heat
  6. When the fish float, turn the heat up to fry further for another 30seconds til crispy. Remove and drain well
I'm submitting these dishes to  Aspiring Bakers #15: Auspicious Dishes for CNY (January 2012) hosted by Wen of Wen's Delight

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, hope everyone is feeling much better now! Your crispy fried fish and stir fry leeks looks delicious! I have a couple of awards for you at my blog, please stop by when you can. Thank you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Joyce, thks alot, we're ok now *phew*
    thks for the awards, will hop on your blog
    cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the inside of the fish is soooo tender!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Lena, thks! yes its really juicy with crisp skin outside :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...