I guess after this post I shall take a break from anything Korean before people start to think this is a Korean food blog haha..
Anyway, you will not regret trying this dish. Beware, it's in fact so addictive that as of now, I have made this dish three times!
It's basically instant noodles - the improved version. Oh so yummy! Thanks Sharon of Delishar for the wonderful idea! So simple but so delicious!
What you need:
1 packet instant Korean noodles (I used Nongshim spicy shin ramyun) with the seasoning and dehydrate toppings
1 tbsp ketchup
1/3 cup kimchi with the juices, chopped (I used my homemade emergency kimchi)
1 chicken fillet, cut into small pieces (I skipped)
1 clove of garlic
a little cooking oil
some water to boil the noodle
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, make sunny side up or poached
roasted sesame seeds
chopped spring onion (I skipped)
- If using chicken, season it with salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook noodle and the dehydrate topping slightly undercooked, drain and set aside (you wouldn't want to eat this dish with soggy overcooked noodles LOL)
- In a pan, heat oil and add in chicken, stir til cooked and add in garlic followed by kimchi, stir for awhile
- Add in noodles and also ketchup and the seasoning pack, stir well
- If it's too dry, add in a little water (I added very little water)
- Mix well, remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate
- Top with sunny side up and sprinkle with sesame seeds
I love the texture of the noodles, springy with a slight chewiness