Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

ABC April 2015 Fudgy No Butter Gluten Free Almond Brownies

This recipe intrigued me. Luckily I was able to find time to bake it this morning
I mean, brownies with ground almonds, no butter, no gluten, no dairy, and it's fudgy? Must try, isn't it?

I must thank Hanaa, the host of Avid Bakers Challenge, for choosing this recipe, a fab one from Scientifically Sweet. Boy, this brownies is good, really good! :)

I laughed when I read how Christina described two little things that scare her. First, sharks. Second, baking without butter LOL I find it's so amusing, the mind of an avid baker :)

Yummy yummy brownies using a significant amount of almond meal which surprisingly works really well!
 
 
 
Super chocolaty, super fudgy, super delish! :)



Still not convinced with the pic above ? Look below! Too bad some parts are blurry haha..
It's so moist and fudgy I had problem making a neat cut! It's not an issue to me, by the way, cos I'm a happy girl while eating this chocolaty heaven :P




I made no change at all, except sung semi sweet chocolate chips instead of bittersweet
For full recipe, please view HERE

Abby loves this brownies, she ate a big slice in no time. Ian was sceptical after knowing there's almond in it, he did try a bite but after that said no more. Yeah, my fussy food critic in the house LOL
He did nibble some of the choco chips though. Look at his chubby fingers :)
 
 
 
Should I say this brownies is healthy? I personally think it's not really healthy as quite a lot of icing sugar is used, but it's definitely healthier than the usual brownies :) Talking about healthy, I wonder if this recipe works well with maple syrup or honey or fine brown sugar or coconut sugar...hmmm...probably I should try out :P
 
I found it's a little too sweet. I suspected it's the semi sweet chocolate chips. I didn't have bittersweet chocolate chips in hand, but I actually have 70% dark chocolate, should have used that instead. But, it's okay, I'm still one happy girl :)
 
 
This post is for Avid Baker's Challenge February 2015, a baking event hosted by Hanaa from Hanaa's Kitchen 

 
 
Also, this post is for Best Recipes
Recipe links HERE
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love the little hand nibbling at the chocolaty chips :) yours came out really fudgy and chocolate-y. Glad you liked them. I did too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    I am impress, no butter, no gluten??
    Oh yes, it is so fudgy and chocolatey.
    Thanks dear for sharing this to BRFE,
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a moist and fudgy brownie! Love the fact that no butter is used, meaning I can make this when I ran out of butter at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, these brownies looked good...it made me feel like having a slice...you stil gotten any left for me???

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's look too yummy & yummy & yummy for me!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...