Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Kaya Jam

I love kaya jam. The only reservation is the high calorie LOL
This is a healthier version of kaya jam using pumpkin as the main ingredient
Love it! So delicious eaten with toast :)





There are a few recipes I'd like to try. I chose the recipe from HERE as this is the easiest and fastest among all
Somehow mine was not brown enough, it's more to yellowish - which I do not mind, as the taste conquers all :)

What you need:

500g pumpkin, steamed and mashed
300g coconut milk
180g brown sugar
2 tbsp custard powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 pcs of pandan leaves

Method:

  1. Mix coconut milk, sugar, custard powder, salt and then add in to the mashed pumpkin. Stir well and sieve (I used my blender to do the job)
  2. In a non stick pot, pour the pumpkin mixture and cook over low heat. Add in pandan leaves. Cook and stir constantly until the mixture thickened, about 15mins
  3. Remove pandan leaves and let the mixture to cool. Keep in the sterilized jar and chill in the fridge




This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)


3 comments:

  1. I've never tasted pumpkin kaya. This is interesting. It looks smooth n creamy. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    Yummy pumpkin jam, I am glad that you like this recipe! I would like to invite you to link this pumpkin jam to our blog-hop MTR #3 - Taste of Autumn. http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2014/10/mtr-3-taste-of-autumn-fruits-and.html. Thanks and have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do realised that pumpkin kaya became so famous this month, thanks for sharing to LTU.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...