It was 27 August 2010 when I started this blog. Time flies, huh? :)
This time, courtesy of Zespri, I have 5 sets of Zespri premiums as giveaways
Big umbrellas and bags full of goodies :)
What's inside the bag...
This giveaway is open for those reside in Singapore only
My apology for the restriction. The bag is not too bad, I still can compress it, but the umbrella will be a problem, it's bulky and quite heavy...
Okay, now how to participate...
1. Those who haven't followed my blog, please click follow
2. Leave a comment in this posting, just shout "I love Zespri (green/yellow/both green and yellow kiwis!" ---> Choose one from the three options, example: "I love yellow kiwis!"
And that's it!
The giveaway will open from 29 August which is today and the last day will be 5 September
To pick the winners, I am now trying to use Random.org (wish me luck for this, I'm a computer idiot - anybody want to teach me? LOL)
In any case I can't figure out how it works, my kids would be the judges :P
I'll announce the 5 winners about 3 days after closing date :)
Okay, now the bake of the day :)
Aren't they marvellous? They are for you, chocolate lovers!
Okay fine, they are not so pretty looking, but once you sink your teeth in it, you'll just go hhhmmmmm...
These cookies are truly chocolate addicts' dream come true
It's super loaded with chocolate I don't think anymore chocolate can be added!
Absolutely heavenly! And just like what suggested by Nigella, I can't agree more, these are a must for broken hearted souls
Well, you do not have to have your heart broken to enjoy these cookies :)
And I tell you, this is seriously one of the best chocolate chips cookies I've ever eaten
Chewy chocolaty, just delicious!
Recipe is from HERE
What you need:
(makes 33 cookies @2tbsp dough)
150g dark chocolate (I used Cadbury 70%)
125g plain flour (original recipe 150g)
2 tbsp corn flour (original recipe never used this)
30g cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
1 tsp baking powder (I used double acting)
1/2 tsp salt
125g soft butter
90g light brown sugar
50g white fine sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cold egg
350g semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170degC.
- melt dark chocolate with microwave, set aside
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a bowl
- Beat butter and sugar til just blended. Add in melted chocolate and mix together
- Beat in vanilla extract and cold egg, mix
- Add in dry ingredients gradually. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips
- Place each tablespoon (mine is 2 tbsp. each) of batter on a lined baking sheet (about 5cm apart) Do not flatten them (Actually I flattened them slightly hence the flatter shapes)
- Bake for 15 minutes until the sides of the cookies are lightly firm to the touch. Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool
In this recipe, I reduced the plain flour and replaced with corn flour to achieve more chewy texture (inspired by Jasline from Foodie Baker)
We love chewy chocolate chips cookies :)
I'm also submitting this post to Little Thumbs up (Egg) organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Yen from Eat your heart out, at this post