And then I saw Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe Baked one too named it Crazy Chocolate Cake. Hoa!
Then my mind was set. I must try. Such an easy cake with unique name and great reviews?
Another highlight, no egg, no butter, no milk, and my favourite: no mixer! Can't skip!
Furthermore, my kids love chocolate cakes. And... Children's Day is here. Perfect!
And I did :)
Yummilicious very chocolaty cake for my kids. And the whole family :)
My kids insisted to use presents they received from their teachers to accompany the cake LOL
I used the recipe Diana shared as follows...
What you need:
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup caster sugar (I used 1/2 cup caster sugar and 1/2 cup fine brown sugar)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp oil (I used rice bran)
1 cup water
For the frosting:
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp butter or oil (I used rice bran oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 170degC and line a square 20cm pan
- Into a large bowl, sift together plain flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
- In another small bowl, mix in vinegar, vanilla, oil and water, stir
- Pour in wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix til well incorporated
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25mins or when the skewer comes out clean
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack
For the frosting:
- Using a heavy bottom sauce pan over low heat stir together oil, chocolate, evaporated milk and vanilla
- Once the chocolate melted, whisk in icing sugar til the mixture is smooth
- Spread over the cake when it's warm. It'll harden a bit upon cooling
Another must try for chocolate lovers out there! :)