Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Lemon Honey Tea Muffins

I happened to see there's a bag of honey tea given by my sis
I personally do not really prefer drinking this tea without anything added, the honey fragrance is too strong, lemon added does help



 
 
Looked so good I decided to give it a try, giving it a little twist by adding this honey tea with lemon mixture and I made it into muffin. I replaced passion fruit with brewed honey tea mixed with juice of half a lemon and added the zest, too. Also I added lemon frosting on top of each muffin
 
 
The cupcake looking muffins look pale even though the brewed tea was brown in colour. It didn't brown on top. I suspected it's because I used fan during baking. Anyway the fragrance of the lemon and honey is so distinct. Yummy and texture was very good
 


 See the lemon zest I mixed in the frosting? So refreshingly fragrant :)

 
 
Recipe below...
 
What you need:
 
350g plain flour
3/4 tbsp baking powder (I used double acting)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
180g sugar
brewed honey tea and juice of half a lemon to make it 120g
zest of 1/2 lemon
120g fresh milk (or fresh cream)
150g cold butter, cubed
 
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180degC. Line muffin pan
  2. Sieve all dry ingredients in a bowl, flour, baking powder and sugar. Add in butter cubes and rub with fingers til resembles crumbs
  3. Add in eggs and lemon zest, stir well. Add in tea/lemon mixture and followed by milk. Stir well
  4. Scoop about 1/4 cup into each muffin liner and bake for 20mins til skewer comes out clean
  5. Remove from oven and leave it in the pan for 10mins before transferring to cooling rack
 
For the frosting:
Mix 1/2 cup of icing sugar with about 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice and some zest. Stir til you get the thickness you like
 
Spoon frosting on each cooled muffin. It will dry up after about 10mins or so
 
 
Indeed a very good recipe. And very easy too. I will try the passion fruit loaf version definitely like the original recipe :)
 
 
 
 
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (July 2015: Tea) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Cheryl from Baking Taitai

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, these muffins must be refreshingly good and fragrance! Thanks for sharing, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    Glad that you are enjoying this honey tea ultimately in the form of these delicious tea muffins. Thumbs up to this great idea :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...