Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

My Favorite Easy Alfredo Sauce

My kids love pasta. But they have different preference. While Abby likes tomato based sauce, Ian always prefers cream sauce. I always try to keep these two sauces in stock in my freezer
For lazy cook like me, I still use store bought bottled tomato based pasta sauce, the taste is still acceptable with addition of sautéed onion, some Italian herbs, adjust the taste a little with a little sugar and black pepper, throw in some grated cheddar, stir and that's it. I can use this sauce for both pasta and pizza
But for cream sauce, I did try a few different brands of bottled sauce but I just couldn't accept the taste. It's just not right, different, artificial. So for cream sauce, I always make my own
So far, this works best for my family. Delicious, creamy and cheesy, just like we prefer. And it's so easy, no roux whatsoever LOL


What you need:
(this makes about 5 servings)

1 tbsp butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced finely
400ml cream
200ml fresh milk
100g grated parmesan cheese
a little salt, black pepper

Method:
  1. Heat butter in a pan and sautee minced garlic til fragrant
  2. Add in cream and fresh milk, over low heat stir continuously til smoky and milk starts to bubble
  3. Add in parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and stir til cheese melts
  4. Divide into 5 and keep in small individual containers. Let cool and put them in the freezer for future use

For this pasta below, I boiled spaghetti and added frozen green peas about 5mins before draining, pan fried sliced ham together with sliced button mushroom. Mix them together in a pan over low heat, add the thawed alfredo sauce, stir well and transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve

 
 
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2015: Cream) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
 
 
 
Yummy, creamy, cheesy :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Never think off freezing Alfredo sauce. Definitely a great way to save time in preparing pasta. Going to try this easy version once I have cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    Your Alfredo sauce looks really creamy and yummy. Nice to know it is easy to cook!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask what kind of cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adel, I used cooking cream Emborg brand or you also can use canned cream from Nestle :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...