This special recipe was really hot amongst blogger sometime back, so I gave it a try and wow! This butter cake is indeed really special! Softer than the usual butter cake, finer texture, too and really moist and taste really good!
Recipe is from Wendy's site
What you need:
200g eggs (no shell) - separate the yolks from the whites
50g + 150g sugar
200g self raising flour, sifted
1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven at 180degC. Grease pan, line the base and grease the sides to help the sides rise well (I used 2 20x10cm loaf pans, you may use a 8" square pan)
- Beat egg whites til soft peak, gradually add in 50g sugar, and beat til stiff, set aside
- Cream butter and 150g sugar til pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla seeds and beat for awhile
- Add in egg yolk one at a time and beat well after each addition
- Put in half the flour and beat in low speed til well mixed. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix well. Mix in the balance of the flour
- Put in half the egg whites and beat in low speed. Pour the balance and fold
- Pour batter into the pans and level
- Bake for around 30 minutes til skewer comes out clean
- (I covered the top loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes)
Somehow I still got a little crack at the top of the cake. Many baked this cake and they were so amazed with the crackless butter cake they got
Not sure whether it's because of the size of the pan I used
Let me try to bake this cake again with an 8" square pan and see if I still see crack :)
look very nice! thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Looks smooth and light in texture! Beautiful!ReplyDelete
Yes, I have seen this wonderful looking cake in many blogs, yours looks just as delicious! I must give this a try too!ReplyDelete
I love this recipe too, butter cake is always my favourite!ReplyDelete
Your butter cake look so yummy, not oily at all!ReplyDelete
Hi Alice, your butter cake look very delicious. Texture look very good, nice to go with coffee.ReplyDelete
Have a lovely week ahead.
butter cake is my all time favourite too.ReplyDelete
Butter Cake is my family,s favourite too.
I have seen this recipe but yet to try it.
Seeing yours is si fine and moist ..I must try too.
Have a nice Sunday !
Your butter cake looks perfectly baked! I love simple butter cakes like this!ReplyDelete
This is a simple and popular cake around the world. Love it !ReplyDelete
i hv yet to bake this and am hoping to bake it one day. The texture looks perfect!ReplyDelete
Crack or not, this is one delicious-looking butter cake! I've not baked a butter cake for a long time as it's so sinful to even eat one piece, but I certainly hope to try yours!ReplyDelete
Loved your Vanilla Butter Cake! It looks so delicious! =DReplyDelete