Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Crispy Banana Fritters with Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce

I have been eyeing on trying this snack during MFF - Johor when I saw the fritters made by Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippets
I found it's an odd way of eating banana fritters dipped in spicy soya sauce. To me, soya sauce and anything with chilli are not to mix with any sweet treat
Anyhow, curiosity won me over and I gave it a try. My thought was, in any case, if I can't eat them together, I just use the dipping sauce to eat grilled fish or chicken :)
So, here it is...


 
 
Recipe is from My Kitchen Snippets
(she made a combination of banana and sweet potato fritters)
 
What you need:
 
For the batter:
(blend everything together)
200ml water
110g plain flour
25g rice flour
50g butter, room temp
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp salt

4 bananas (I used pisang raja), sliced
oil for deep frying
 
For the dipping sauce:
2 bird eye's chillies
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp sugar
enough of dark sweet soya sauce
 
Method:
  1. Heat oil over medium heat
  2. Dip sliced bananas into the butter and then put into hot oil. Fry til golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel
  3. Making the dipping sauce: Grind bird eye's chillies , garlic and sugar using chopper, transfer into a small bowl. Pour in dark sweet soya sauce and mix well. Serve with fritters
 
First bite, I was like no, it's not for me. Second bite, third bite..actually, it's not that bad. It's a kind of blending pretty nicely inside your mouth, sweet and salty plus some spiciness all in one
Ask me whether I will eat banana fritters this way again in the future, I honestly say it's not my personal preference. But it's a good experience though, I'm glad I gave it a try :)
 
 
I like these banana fritters. Crisp on the outside, sweet and juicy on the inside. Nice!
 


This post is for Best Recipes for Everyone Mar2015 Event Theme: My Favourite Traditional Kueh by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Joceline of Butter, Flour & Me

 
 
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Faeez from Bitter Sweet Spicy at this post

3 comments:

  1. This banana kueh very nice for tea time with cup of tea.

    Thanks

    Good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana fritters...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...