Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Last Batch Of Mooncakes 2013

This year I repeated doing 2 kinds of mooncakes, chocolate snowskin with custard filling I posted yesterday, and now cheesy Shanghai mooncakes
I did both back in 2011






Always love this cheesy yummy moonies
The skin reminds me of pineapple tart :P
A great combination with white lotus paste filling and the salted egg yolk
The crisp grated cheddar on top was a delicious bonus :)
Enjoyed this treat to the max!


To all, happy Mid Autumn Festival! :)

Source of picture HERE

9 comments:

  1. Dear Alice

    Could you teach me how to cook the egg yolk?

    Yours look very delicious.

    Thank you.

    Cheers
    Mixue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mixue,

      I bought salted egg, scrub the ashes, wash clean, and put in a pot of boiling water, let cook for 20 minutes
      remove from the pot, and dip in cold water
      peel the skin, then break the peeled egg opened, separate the yolk from the white
      that's all :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Alice

      Thank you!

      Mixue

      Delete
  2. Call me suaku, but I never seen the cheesy shanghainese mooncakes before. Looks very good, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thks Miss B, actually I never saw this sold in Singapore, either
      I saw this in Sonia's site :)
      it's really yummy!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...