Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Easy Chocolate Mini Cupcakes

This is not only easy to make, no mixer needed, but it's really yummy, soft and moist - my kind of cupcakes
I made this batch for my kids' year end party today...yes, today is the last day of schooling, for the next one and a half month gotta scratch my head to entertain my too free kids LOL

Aren't they cute? I was not really in the mood of doing decorations so I just spread a little nutella at the centre of each cupcake and put marshmallow on top :)



Recipe is from HERE

What you need:
(I modified the amount of instant coffee powder used)

(A):120g butter, thaw to room temperature
75g chocolate chips
120g brown sugar
100g hot water
1 tsp instant coffee powder (or 1 packet of 3-in-1 coffee)
1 tsp coffee emulco

(B):
110g plain flour
1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
25g cocoa powder
1 egg, beaten

Combine ingredients (A) in a bowl and double boil till smooth.  Leave it aside to cool.  Add in the beaten egg and mix well
Mix plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder together.  Sift the flour mixture and mix well into the melted chocolate mixture
Pour the batter into cupcake paper liners, about 70% full (the batter rise very well during baking).  Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven of 160C for about 15 minutes(standard size cupcakes = 35 minutes) or till a wooden skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cupcake
Cool the cupcakes completely before decorating them (Note: These chocolate cupcakes are very soft, you may want to put the cooled cupcakes in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden them slightly before decorating)

When I fetched my kids this afternoon, they said the cupcakes were all gone so fast...so glad to hear that :)

I'm submitting these cute little cuppies to  Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011) hosted by Min

3 comments:

  1. Looks really pretty, puffy and round.
    My girl will go crazy if she sees this, it's decorated with her favourite flower marshie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes looks really cute with the little flower marshmallows! And the cake looks moist and chocolaty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Wendy, thks :) yeah, same as my girl, she just loves marshmallows and this is one of her fave :)

    hi Joyce, thks, its indeed yummy with a slight hint of coffee flavour :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...